It’s gone pretty well, getting off my ever-widening ass. I still haven’t signed up for the gym or gone to get on blood pressure meds but I have gotten things done. Of course, I have to make myself. My pet sin out of the seven deadlies is sloth. I’m here to admit to laziness. I’d much rather watch a movie or read a book than do the dishes. Is there someone out there who’d disagree? They must be lying or crazy. You do not want to clean the bathroom more than you want to watch Joker. Liar or lunatic. Which are you?
What I’ve done is make myself scrub before I can watch. (Okay, I watched Joker first but cleaned out the fish tank all the same) I cooked a pot of stew and at least thought about the dishes. My 35-year-old son whose primary responsibility seems to be taking care of the animals and dicking off, should be doing them. I do the working and bill-paying. Why the hell should I load the dishwasher? Huh?
My primary goal today was to get the property taxes paid and I did that. Well, except for two hundred dollars. Don’t want to go in the red, do I? That would precipitate having to borrow money from someone I have a goal of paying back money I already owe. This is how you get ahead while still being behind. I just sent him a text about doing that the next time he’s closer than the 35 miles he lives from me. (I don’t want to get too ambitious. Small steps are best.)
My future goals are:
- Quit drinking. Or at least stop opening my first beer at 10:30 a.m.
- Fix up the house. Since the old man says to wait until he gets out of prison, this is achievable.
- Get the electrical work done on said house. I don’t give a damn what he says, I don’t want to burn.
- Get on blood pressure meds. This might help stave off dementia. Or else admit I’d rather have a stroke than Alzheimer’s.
- Improve the quality of life in my saving account. It’s very dormant.
I can do this. I can. I will.